Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2015 Rugby World Cup preview

At the beginning of 2015, I commenced a Certificate in Freelance Sportswriting and Photography course with Open Colleges as part of my goal of becoming a sports journalist.

The tutors were evidently impressed with my work, and in July I received an email from a staff member asking if I would contribute to their blog. The task was to write a short preview for the 2015 Rugby Union World Cup.

Now, my family has lived in Victoria for 160 years. My sports are cricket, basketball and Australian football; Rugby Union has never even featured on my radar. Nevertheless, I thought I'd give it a go. I put it off for three weeks, sat down the day before it was due, did some research and put the article together.

This is the final product:

http://blog.opencolleges.edu.au/2015/08/21/cby-2015-rugby-world-cup-get-the-low-down-on-all-the-action/

No comments:

Post a Comment